The Student News Site of Canyon High School

Smoke Signals

Smoke Signals

Smoke Signals

The Tribe Care Closet

This year, a Canyon High School junior took a selfless step to create a resource for students who are in need of school supplies or any basic necessities.
Courtesy of @tribecarecloset on Instagram

Sage Sebastianelli, a current junior, started the “Tribe Care Closet” during her sophomore year at Canyon. She set out with a goal to get students the essentials they need, with absolutely no judgment. Her mission is to get students the supplies and support they need, anonymously.

Anyone who is in need of the care closet can either message the Instagram account (@tribecarecloset), send an email to [email protected], or “shop” through the closet that is located in Mr. Bies’s room (519). 

With an Amazon wishlist set up, the closet has been getting donations from not just students or faculty, but even anonymous people from out of state. Sage says that the closet wouldn’t be possible without the donations coming from the Anaheim Hills community. 

The closet is fully stocked with non-perishable snacks, which is one of the most popular items for students to have during nutrition, lunch or to take home. It also includes a wide range of hygiene products, ranging from toothbrushes and toothpaste to laundry detergent and deodorants. It is full of school supplies like binders, notebooks, pens, pencils, highlighters, and Post-it notes. 

As if the closet wasn’t already full of amazing resources, it also has a variety of basic clothing items like socks and is accepting clothing donations for Warped, Homecoming, and Prom. Anything these students might need, the closet surely has it. 

Sage’s mission is to create a “no questions asked” zone for students to get what they need to thrive during their school year. The shelves are filled with feminine hygiene products, blankets, water bottles, and whatever these students may need. The closet is accepting donations all year round, and after Sage graduates, she promises that the closet will only continue to grow.

The care closet is currently only located at Canyon High School, but she hopes to eventually spread the word to other schools so they can have their own care closets too. Click Here For the Amazon Wishlist

1
View Comments (1)

Comments (1)

All Smoke Signals Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

• S

StasiaSep 18, 2023 at 2:33 pm

So Proud of you Sage!!! ❤️

Reply