The Student News Site of Canyon High School

Smoke Signals

Smoke Signals

Smoke Signals

Reputation (Taylor’s Version)

When Can We Expect Reputation (Taylor’s Version) To Finally Be Announced and Released?
Courtesy of Grazia Daily

Recently, Taylor Swift fans, also referred to as Swifties, have been speculating about the announcement and release of Taylor Swift’s 5th re-recorded album, Reputation (Taylor’s Version). In 2023 Taylor Swift released 2 re-recorded albums including Speak Now (Taylor’s Version) and 1989 (Taylor’s Version). Since the release of 1989 (Taylor’s version) swifties have been trying to predict what will come next and when. 

First, on October 11th, swifties predicted Reputation (Taylor’s Version) would be coming to us the next day. After no announcement or anything, Swifties predicted many other days but we are sitting here in January with no announcement or idea of what’s going to happen next. Swift has been seen out wearing all black outfits with snakes on them which has led people to predict the new album will be arriving soon. Some swifties, after the last album drop, realized a pattern in the number of days between each of the releases from Speak Now (Taylor’s Version) to 1989 (Taylor’s Version). It appears to be 112 days apart! So swifties are patiently waiting for February 16th to hopefully get the new album! Taylor Swift is a mastermind in her planning for different albums. 

The other album Taylor Swift has that still needs to be re-recorded is her debut album known as Taylor Swift, Debut, or Self Titled. Not much has been rumored about this album recently and the process of re-recording, but she has been wearing a lot of green lately.

This could allude to debut coming soon or it could just be Taylor’s stylist liking how green looks on her. 

Another rumor is that because Taylor Swift released 2 re-recorded albums in 2023, it might repeat what happened 2 years ago! After Taylor Swift re-recorded Fearless (Taylor’s Version) and Red (Taylor’s Version) she took a year off from re-recording her albums and released Midnights which became her 10th studio album! We could be heading down that same road with Reputation (Taylor’s Version) and Debut (Taylor’s Version) not being re-released until 2025. Even though that’s sad news it could still mean we might get Taylor Swift’s 11th studio album this year! Hopefully one of these theories is correct but Taylor Swift continues to surprise her fans! We will see what comes next!