“Prom Among The Stars” Spirit Week Review

The “Prom Among The Stars”  spirit week at Canyon High School was this week and students dressed up to show their amazing school spirit. Themes were used for each day, and were decided by ASB.                    

Monday was “PJ Monday,” as students wore their pajamas to school. “Wearing my PJs are very comfortable and easy since I don’t have to change after I wake up”, said Junior Justin Landa, who wore PJs to school.

Tuesday was “Tourist Tuesday,” as students dressed up as tourists. Many kids wore sunglasses, Hawaiian shirt, socks, sandals, and shorts.

Wednesday was “Workout Wednesday”, as kids wore their workout outfits. A lot of people wore headbands, sweatpants, tank tops, and shorts.

Thursday was “Throwback Thursday,” as kids wore very old and popular apparel. Students were very creative by wearing their El Rancho uniforms and wearing 80s apparel. “It was my favorite day I wore my El Rancho uniform and it made feel like a kid again”, said Junior Shaya Babak.

By the end of the spirit week it was “College Gear Friday,” and students wore college shirts, hats, and anything related to the college of their choosing.

Many students dressed up for spirit week and the ones who didn’t still had a lot of fun witnessing the spirit awareness shown by other students. My favorite day was “Throwback Thursday” because I saw a lot of kids wear their El Rancho uniforms and I thought it was really creative. The atmosphere of the school was very energetic as many kids were very competitive with their outfits.