Things You Should Have Experienced Before Graduation

Image depicting the graduation scene from the film High School Musical 3: Senior Year. Courtesy of Google Images.

As our second semester progresses, the time we have left here at Canyon decreases by the minute. As seniors, we can sometimes take our high school experience for granted and rush ourselves into graduation so much that the memories we make aren’t that memorable. Here are a few things you should do before graduation, whether you’re a senior or not, to make the most out of your few years here in high school:

The image shows two close friends from the film, The Edge of Seventeen, spending time together. Courtesy of Google Images.

Meet Someone New

It’s crazy to think about how many students come in and out of this campus on a yearly basis. This school is home to over 2,000 Comanches–you’re bound to meet someone new everyday. As the majority of us tend to stick to our inner bubble, it’s nice to venture out and become someone’s new friend (even if they’re in a different grade).

The photo, from the film The Perks of Being a Wallflower, displays a high school senior on the road with two of her closest friends. Courtesy of Google Images.

Go on a Trip With Your Best Friends

It’s hard to think about, but the friends you may have right now… might not be the closest of friends you’ll have in a year or two. This is a reality whether we like it or not, but soon enough we’ll be packing our bags and going our separate ways to pursue our own individual dreams. The best way to remember your high school friends is by making memories, except not at school. Going on a small road trip to San Diego or hang out for a day at one of our National Parks, these are both great ways to make some fun memories.

A group of students celebrating their teacher in the film Dead Poets Society. Image courtesy of Google Images.

Tell Your Favorite Teachers How Much You Appreciate Them

Amid the painstaking tests and heavy homework your teachers put you through, they’re only here to help you become the best version of yourself that you can possibly be. Taking a moment after class or during nutrition to let them know how much they mean to you can truly make their day.

An image from the movie A Cinderella Story, capturing two high school students at a dance. Courtesy of Google Images.

Do Something You Haven’t Done For Canyon

This might seem like an odd tip, but I know for a fact that some students don’t really like to participate in school activities (some students being myself). Now, this doesn’t mean you have to go all out and walk to school decked out in an obnoxious amount of Canyon gear everyday, it just means to be a part of something more than just your daily schedule. Whether it’s joining a club and meeting like-minded people or going to a school dance, the feeling you can get after doing something you wouldn’t normally do with our fellow Comanches can make these four years worth being here.