Top of the Tribe

Students at Canyon High School are being recognized as Outstanding Academic Performers for the first semester of the 2020-2021 school year. They will be receiving the Top of the Tribe Award, which is given to students who earned a GPA of 4.0 or higher. Normally, they would be celebrated in an event at the school gym. Their names would be announced, and they would be handed their certificates by the school’s principal, Craig Abercrombie. Students would then take pictures and help themselves to food and drinks.

Since the school needs to follow COVID guidelines, there will be no ceremony this year. Students are being invited to pick up their certificates in a drive-thru. It will take place on Wednesday, March 24, between 4:00 and 6:00 pm in the upper staff parking lot. A photo backdrop will be provided if students want to take pictures with their certificates, however only the students and immediate family can participate.

Students need to legibly write their names on a piece of paper and attach it to the front window of their cars. This will help the staff locate the proper certificates with more speed and efficiency.

If students can’t or don’t attend the drive-thru event, they can pick up their certificates during school hours at the switchboard in the main office starting March 25th.