Teachers At Canyon- Did You Know?

Emily Carr, Writer

Have you ever wondered what teachers do outside of school, or what new hobbies they picked up over quarantine? Well, I got the chance to speak to three of Canyon’s awesome teachers about school, outside life, and everything in between.

Did you know that one of Ms. Hua’s hidden talents is baking? She also loves being outdoors, traveling, and finding different ways to unwind and relax. Have you ever wondered why a teacher teaches the subject they do? For Ms. Hua, teaching English is about learning about the world. Ms. Hua states, “The best part of teaching is connecting with students and being someone they can count on”.

Have you ever asked yourself what teachers do on summer break? Mrs. Hanna enjoys spending time with her family! Her favorite thing about being a teacher is the students she gets to meet, as well as the science and content she gets to teach. On the first day of school, Mrs. Hanna makes sure to get lots of sleep!

Few people know that along with Spanish, Mrs. Locks has an English teaching credential. If she could teach any other subject, she would teach English, and guess what? Her favorite class in high school was English too! If Mrs. Locks could go back to high school, she would have taken pottery.  Many people love to go camping, but few know that it’s one of Mrs. Locks’ favorite things to do with her family and friends. 

We hope you learned a thing or two about your teachers and don’t forget to thank them for all their hard work!