The Student News Site of Canyon High School

Smoke Signals

Smoke Signals

Smoke Signals

Who is Behind the new NFL Fashion?

Taylor Swift and Britney Mahome’s Rock Custom Jackets Created By Kristin Juszczky!
Courtesy of US Weekly

Taylor Swift and Britney Mahome’s Custom Jackets Created By Kristin Juszczky!

As you have probably seen on social media, during week one of the playoffs Taylor Swift and Britney Mahomes wore custom puffer jackets that caused a craze on social media. 

In July, 2023 Travis Kelce went to Taylor Swift’s concert at Arrowhead Stadium and tried to give her his phone number. After failing to give it to her, they jumped into a relationship. Taylor Swift decided to make their relationship public by going to one of his games. Since then she has been to most of his games. Only not going to the game if she has something going on that day for her career. 

Kristin Juszczyk is a designer who is known for creating cute womens outfits out of football players jerseys. She is also the wife of 49ers fullback, Kyle Juszcyk. She reworks clothes to make them into new stylish outfits designed for women. On December 4, 2023 Simone Biles, known for being an Olympic Medal Gymnast wore a custom vest designed by Kristin Juszczyk. She also designed a pair of pants for Britney Mahomes on November 20th, 2023. She showed up in white jeans with Chief’s patches, including one that says Mahomes, 15. 

On January 15th, 2024, Juszczyk designed two puffer jackets out of 6 total Chiefs jerseys for Taylor Swift and Britney Mahomes. They showed up to the game in matching jackets, the only difference being the player whose name is on the jacket and the text on the front. Kelce for Swift with “Chiefs Kingdom” on the front and Mahomes for Mahomes with “Patrick Sterling Bronze” on the front. The NFL announced the jackets were created by Nike and when Kyle Juszcyk saw that comment he commented back “Made by my wife!!” He quotes “It’s been pure joy just to see her get that recognition,” Kyle told The Athletic “She’s been grinding for years now, she’s been working so hard. So I’m so happy to see her get her stuff out there, everybody sees it, and people recognize that it was hers.”

After the game Britney Mahomes posted on instagram with Taylor Swift of photos in their custom puffers captioned, “Twinning & Winning”. After designing these jackets she ended up gaining over 400,000 followers on Instagram. 

The NFL is starting to discuss creating more clothes made for women to start selling in different teams merchandise, because this jacket has caused such a craze for women’s wear recently. Hopefully we see some for the next season. 

On January 14th, 2024, Another custom puffer was given to Taylor Lautner, also known as Shark Boy. After FedEx hand delivered him his Detroit Lions, Hutchinson jacket. Hopefully we see more of her designs on celebrities and she continues to get the recognition she deserves for the amazing work she is putting into the world.