The Student News Site of Canyon High School

Smoke Signals

Smoke Signals

Smoke Signals

The Tortured Poets Department?

A Look Into Taylor Swift’s New Album
Courtesy of the Hollywood Reporter

The Grammys are an event looked forward to all year for the entertainment industry. This year marked the 66th Anniversary of the Grammys. This year, 2024, the Grammys were held at Crypto.com Area in Los Angeles. Many celebrities attend but few win Grammys. Taylor Swift has been in attendance since 2012. 

In the past few years, Swift has been re-recording her albums. Swifties, Taylor Swift fans, thought if she won a Grammy she would announce Reputation (Taylor’s Version), but we couldn’t be any more wrong. 

This year was a big year for Swift. She was nominated for 6 Grammys. Before the Grammys, they announced she didn’t win Best Pop Duo/Group Performance for “Karma” ft Ice Spice. Then came the main event. She then found out she didn’t get the Grammy for Record of the Year and Pop Solo Performance. 

The next Grammy announced was Best Pop Vocal Album and she won for Midnights. She then walked on the Grammy stage about to make an announcement that nobody expected. She thanked the people who helped with the album and then said “I want to say thank you to the fans by telling you a secret I’ve been keeping from you for the last two years. Which is that my brand new album comes out on April 19th. It’s called The Tortured Poets Department!”

After announcing the album, Swift set a new record. She was the first artist to win Album of the Year four times! This is a huge deal in the music industry and as she continues to create more music she will have a better chance of getting album of the year on newer albums. 

Taylor Swift fans went crazy with the news of the 11th Taylor Swift album. The next day, Swift posted on her Instagram the track list for the new album with 16 songs. To name a few songs, “I Can Fix Him  (No Really I Can)”, “lol”, and “I Can Do It With a Broken Heart”. 

Now that Swifties know of some of the songs we have started brainstorming who the songs are about and how the overall feel of the album will be. There are rumors it will be a mix of her popular albums Folklore, Midnights, and Reputation, though no confirmation yet.