The Student News Site of Canyon High School

Smoke Signals

Smoke Signals

Smoke Signals

Emily Henry Book Recommendations

Rom-Coms to Read in the Sun
Courtesy of Auckland Home Show

Our good old Punxsutawney Phil did not see his shadow on Groundhog’s Day. So if the superstition is true, spring is going to arrive early this year! That means the end of winter and more sun to come. And while we’re all soaking up the sun, we can sit down with a nice cold glass of lemonade and a great book. So if you’re looking for a cute summer vacation rom-com that you can live vicariously through this spring break, look no further.

Emily Henry is a pretty well known author in the rom-com book world. Her four most popular books are “Beach Read,” “People We Meet on Vacation,” “Book Lovers,” and her newest book, “Happy Place.” Going in order of when they were published, the first is “Beach Read.” This book is about a romance writer and a literary writer who help each other out of their writer’s blocks by swapping genres, and to their surprise learn more about each other. 

The next one, “People We Meet on Vacation,” is about two friends who had taken vacations together every year until they had a falling out two years ago. 

They decide to go on one final vacation together, where they reflect on their past vacations together and reevaluate their relationship. 

Third, we have “Book Lovers,” which is actually a book I just checked out at the library. It’s about a literary agent who goes to a small town for a trip with her sister and keeps bumping into this book editor. They find out that they have a common interest and passion for books, sparking a connection between the two. 

The last Emily Henry book, for now, is “Happy Place.” This one is about a couple who had broken up months ago but now have to go on their annual weeklong vacation with their closest friends. But since their friends don’t know they’re no longer together, they have to pretend they’re still in love.I hope you’ll take the time to read these four books (I know I will!) during our soon-to-come spring break at the end of this month or over the summer!